PLATE WALL DISPLAY - shabby chic style


"BUY IT WHEN YOU SEE IT BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT"

I have always found the key to creating successful
& wonderful wall displays has always been
to use the things I love and have collected over
time. But more importantly when I want to get
to work building a display I look for items that
have been stored out of sight and out of mind,
like these plates stacked in a pile in the back
of a cupboard. I don't plan a shopping trip to
find new things, like everyone else I have
plenty of things I love right here at home. How
many things do you have stored away that you
could display?



I like finding plates mostly at yard sales through the summer months. Both GG and I
like getting out earlier Saturday morning to see what treasures we can find.
Sometimes I find pairs but many times I only spot a single plate but 
they make for the best collections while the low price tags make for great bargains.



I found these chairs second hand, just as you see them,
and I built and painted this little table.
We have tried many times to have a dining table in our tiny home
but every one has failed because it just ate up too much room.
One more try with this CUSTOM build that might fit better.


I started the build with this table base, it was perfect with a low profile. Someone tossed it out so I 
grabbed it. The only problem was it needed to be taller, so I started hunting through my wood hoard
to figure out a way to make it grow. I ended up finding some old BUN feet originally taken from a 
curbside couch. I used 2 of them to make the table taller. You can see one of them just at the top of 
the column and the second is perched upon that.


The table is painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
A mix of Pure white and a pinch of Arles,
Arles is an Ocher color, something between yellow and orange.
The edges are distressed with sandpaper and I have yet to wax it.
With my schedule we'll see if it ever gets waxed.





********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects,
including a new batch of Farmhouse Kitchen Knobs.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Your display is charming and inspiring, too, thank you.
    Please, how do you hang your plates?
    I have bunches of those wire/spring thingys and I don't like that they show. With your plates, all you see is plates.
    Thanks again....

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!